Training! Can I start teaching yet?

Balanced Literacy training is now complete. I wish I could just do trainings all summer long, besides- it pays better than my current summer gig. But alas, no such luck. I learned a lot, but some of it was also review, which I was fine with because it makes me feel even more prepared knowing that some of the things I learned in my coursework and field experience is cohesive with my new job. Check out all the  free goodies I got by attending! Call me silly, but I love getting new PD books to get new ideas from.

I also stopped by my school for a few minutes over lunch to grab the teacher's manual for math and got a quick peek at my classroom! I was hoping to take some pictures but I didn't get the chance to stick around really. However, I got the clear from the principal that I could come in on my week off coming up so pictures will be coming then. Also, I received some Reader's and Writer's Workshop 'stuff,' a bag and notebook and a chapter book that I am hoping on using this upcoming school year for a read aloud at some point. (One of the women running the training used it as an example and realized the book belonged to my school, so she gave it to me. Granted it's not mine to keep... bummer!)

My next training is in August. I am considering going to part time for that month, as I have to finish early anyways and I have a 3 day training too. I really want to make sure my room is set up and that I am feeling good about the first week or two of school. I'll be posting some of my 'summer to-do projects' for this upcoming school year sometime this week! 

I'm not sure who said this, but I found this quote that really dives into my feelings after this training and my career in general:

"The excitement of learning separates youth from old age. As long as you're learning you're not old."


Signature

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top