Week 1- Done... What a Week!!

I can't believe I am still alive after this past week- and it was only a four day week. I felt so unprepared from day to day- as I am usually a planner, and I felt like I didn't know what to really plan day to day due to all our interruptions (2 assemblies, whole school modeling schedules, etc.) I thought I might get a bit of a honeymoon phase with my students- it's the first day of school, they'll probably be a little shy... WRONG! Many of them were showing their true colors on day one- which was a little tough on me, but actually quite appreciated. Now I know what I'm working with and begin to start getting some plans and ideas into place so that I can help them be successful both as a student and as a person. I had meetings everyday, would come home, work the entire evening- then go to bed. I would get to school 2 1/2 hours before it even started (we have a late start, so I'd rather get there early than stay till 8pm), and would still leave after 6 pm, making it nearly 12 hour days. I was thrown challenges and tested- but I think for my first week ever- it went well. It could have gone a lot worse, and although I wish it would have gone a bit better, I learned a lot about my kiddos and myself as a teacher and that was one of my main goals.

I was so grateful for the weekend for some time to just get organized. My planner wasn't even put together yet- which, if anyone knows me, they would be shocked to know that I survived this week. I had a plan for the weekend to get so much done (grading, sort paper work, organize, plan, prep). However, I didn't have as much time to do all of this as I planned due to a little surprise.

You should see this sparkle in the sunshine!!


I GOT ENGAGED! Nick, my boyfriend of nearly 7 1/2 years proposed to me Saturday night. We spent the evening going out to dinner, walking on the beach, calling friends and family, and just enjoying every minute. Needless to say, I am a bit overwhelmed now- but in a good way! I hope that now that I get to start planning the wedding, that it will help me take time for myself and my new fiance and not solely focus on school. Don't get me wrong, I'm still totally invested in my kiddos- but I think I will better be able to serve them if I take time out for myself and remember there is a life outside of school.

We have our first full week of school this week, and it's filled with testing and push in lessons so the chaos continues. Hopefully fill you all in later on sometime!


Signature

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top