Back to School or End of Year Project

As I sift through photos from my first year of teaching, I found this project which I loved! The original idea comes from the super cute blog, Third Grade Love. She used it as an end of the year writing activity and I thought it was a great idea!


Every year at my school, they have an end of the year barbecue where family members come and eat on the school lawn. Many families take their kiddos home after the barbecue and the teachers are left with a smaller class with less than 10 days left in the school year. My team wanted something to do that was fun and would take up a good chunk of time in the afternoon after many of the students left to go home early. I hopped on trusty Pinterest and found Third Grade Love's blog post and adapted it to fit our needs.

We created out own template by finding an image of sunglasses on google and taping our piece of paper to the Smartboard. We then projected it and traced, added writing lines, and sent it to the copy room!

In our sunglasses, students wrote what they were looking forward to this summer. However, you could easily use this at the beginning of the year with students writing about what they did this past summer!


After they wrote, they cut and glued it onto a large piece of construction paper and began to draw themselves. It took a good amount of time and was an excellent way to end out busy barbecue day.


Signature

6 comments

  1. What a great, fun idea! The kids will love it! ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb! It really brightens up a classroom too with how the students decorate themselves :)

      Delete
  2. Love it! Is there any way you could email the sunglasses template? ~ Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelly! I would love to, however I don't know how at this time (facepalm). The glasses are oversized and I made it by tracing it from the Smartboard and our copy machine at school no longer lets us scan things to our email to be sent in electronic form (they are trying to fix the glitch since switching email accounts-but it's been like this all year). Sorry! If you have a projector, it really is quick to do!

      Delete
  3. Can you please send me the template as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie,

      Please see my above response. I do not have a digital template. I made mine by tracing using the Smartboard and projector. Sorry!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top