First Clip Art Adventure

I hope you all had an enjoyable holiday with your loved ones! I know I sure did! I do also enjoy my alone time however, so I snuck away from the fam for a bit for a little quiet time and attempted to make my first clip art images. Now, I've been researching for a while on how to make your own clip art- and there really isn't much. Nothing on the best apps or software to use, tools, tricks and trades, so I'm starting small (and who knows, this may be the only thing I create) haha. But I like to be creative, doodle, dink around on the computer, so I decided to start basic and created these little shapes.


Here's a little info if you'd like to try something simple like these:
I made them all by using Powerpoint. I made the eyes for a previous project (my quadrilateral craft), just with different sized circles. To make the shapes a bit more textured, I added a dotted border, and played with the beveled feature to add shine and make them look a bit less flat. To save them as images with transparent background you simply:
          - Select all parts to the image (for me, it was the shape, the border, the eyes, and the mouth)
          - Right click your mouse and choose the "Save as Picture" option
          - You can then save your image as a PNG, JPEG, or GIF.
I researched the difference, and for something as simply as this, a PNG or JPEG wouldn't make much of a difference. I'm still pretty clueless on the difference between the two but I'll figure it out sooner or later. :)

These little guys are free in my TpT store. Go on over and snag them by clicking the image above!




Signature

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top