Currently in February

I'm a little ashamed to list some of these, but here goes my CURRENTLY for February. But before I do, can I just say how much I love this month's design?? It's so pretty! Thanks Farley!

Ok- let me explain:

Listening: Yes, I'm yet again watching a Law and Order SVU Marathon on USA. Ok- I get it, maybe I am a little too obsessed on it. (But shhh, don't tell my husband)

Loving: I was just logging on to my Bloglovin' to start my currently when this popped up:

Those are my little heart guys!! Sometimes I putz around with powerpoint and create little clip art thingers (mainly for my own use). I have a few sets posted on my TpT store for free... didn't know that people would actually USE them in their products- let alone someone as BIG as Doodlebugs!!! Pretty cool.

Thinking: I hate to admit this, but I will not have a full 5 day week with my students until spring break in early March. Let me explain- between professional developments, holidays, conference prep days, they are all just spread out until early March. This week, I have a PD on Monday about our Olweus Anti-Bully program. I am the new building lead, so I'm meeting with principals and other staff from the around the district. I have another PD for Olweus next week too, on Wednesday. However, this week, we also have a field trip, and we have 2 days of OLPA training/MCA math pretest. We take our standardized math test on the computers, and third grade is the first year they take it. So we have to do a "how to take this test" training with the kids and then they actually take a practice MCA test called the OLPA that gives us teachers some feedback on how they are doing. Yikes- so much for getting back into a normal routine.

Wanting: See above- I hate planning for subs. I'd rather be there.

Needing: I've got weddings up the wazoo this year and our trip to Italy... I don't want to a be in this lumpy body through all these fun times. I've got to find a way to make the changes necessary... but it's so hard.

2 truths:
I did drive a blue moped- complete with a rainbow helmet. It was cost efficient and fun to say the least. Not so fun when you have to drive up a hill with a huge semi coming up behind you honking their horn. It's not my fault my moped can't go faster than 20 MPH up a hill. Patience, truck driver.

I do like to swim- I hate the heat, so pools are my friend. But I really can't swim well. No, I won't drown, but I don't have any fancy forms. I strictly stay in the doggy-paddle mode.

1 fib:
I actually love pickles. Maybe a little too much. I've gone through 3 jars in the last 3 days. Baby dills all the way.

Now I'm off to read others... anything to put off those sub plans!

Oh, and 1 more thing... I've got a lil' sale going on through today. Check it out :)




Signature

6 comments

  1. I'm so with you on the hating of sub plans. It's definitely so much easier to just be there. Good luck with your workout motivation! I'm taking my stuff with me to work so I don't have any excuses to back out (well, at least one less excuse).

    Amy
    Sweet Tea & Mosquitoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these currently posts! I always agree with so many! Haha. I joined the gym to help with my motivation and it really worked! ....until my free month membership (Thanks to my cousin for christmas!) has ended, so has my motivation. HA. And pickles are the BEST! The people at Subway look at me like I'm crazy when I ask for extra extra pickles! :)

    ~Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sub Plans are the worst! I was out on Friday and I don't even want to imagine what a mess I will walk into tomorrow.

    I too am a member of the dill pickles fan club! I always ask for extra extra pickles too!! :)

    Have a great week!
    Dina
    Friends of Reading -www.freindsofreading.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your clip art! That's so exciting and those little heart guys are super cute. I think I'm going to head right over and download them!

    Always an Adventure in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Motivation is something that is hard to come by! I know that I go in and out of being motivated all year long. But it's kind of scary for me that this January I am not as motivated as past ones.

    Found your blog through Currently! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog. I am doing a February Holiday TpT pack giveaway!
    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete
  6. No matter how sick I am or my kids are, I always re-think calling in because sub plans are MORE work! Thankfully, I have a really good sitter who'll take them even when they have a fever. She is awesome!
    Stacy
    Second Grade Signpost

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top