Tried It Tuesday: Wall Pop!

I've got something special to share for Fourth Grade Flipper's Tried it Tuesday.



Have you seen those peel and stick whiteboard dot thingys?

Ya... like these?


I had the itch to add a lil' summthin summthin to my table to help with my LLI group that meets every day. I remembered seeing these posted somewhere so I decided to use my lovely Amazon Prime to rush them to my doorstep so I could use them after spring break.

Click on the picture below to be taken to these Wall Pops through Amazon:

I have to say it... I'm not being paid to discuss these Dry-Erase Dots... I just stumbled upon them, wanted them, bought them, and used them. Boom. No one had to pay me to use it (or say this) but I can say I'm a happy camper so far!

Here they are in action in a few different ways (and I've only had them for 2 days... I'll keep you posted if my love affair with them turns sour). I bought two packs. You get 3 in a pack which I think is great! You also get a whiteboard marker. When I took them out, they were rolled up tight and I was worried it was going to be hard to unravel and place, but it actually wasn't hard at all!

Small Group Time

When my kiddos were reading silently, I had them write down any words that tripped them up and the page number. As I went around and read with each kiddo, we talked about the word and applied some strategies. I also took notes on their dot when they read to discuss with them. For example, one kiddo kept leaving off the "s" endings so we discussed what they noticed about these two words that I jotted down from their reading and such.

Here's another note I left on the dot to discuss with a kiddo on a contraction. I noticed he didn't say it correctly, and it was his only error. I'm glad I noted this to talk to him, because I found out that he didn't know what two words make this contraction. It was easy to jot quick to remind myself, and I didn't have to erase anything to move to the next student- they could keep that lil' note as a reminder the whole reading time.

Getting Supplies

One day, I had a lot of little pieces for a clock we were going to make. (You can get it for free from this TpT store!) I put the supplies on different dots with little arrows and it was smoooooth sailing. Not to mention, it kept all the piles neat.


Also, my lil' face scrubbers from the Dollar Tree work great on these dots. They are holding up and yes, I'll need to get new erasers for next year, but they are working fabulous! They cleanly erase normal dry erase markers. I've only used Expo markers and the markers that came with the dots. I have to say, the ones that came with the dots took longer to dry and didn't come off as easily as Expo markers.



I'm only 2 days in, but I'm loving this Tried it Tuesday! If you have any questions about them, give me a shout! :)






Signature

4 comments

  1. I have seen these blogged before and keep saying that I want some! I love how you have students write down words that they stumbled on while reading. Awesome ideas! Thanks! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.My.Word! I simply have to have those dots!!! I teach LLI, too, and am always trying to figure out how to keep straight who said what as I listen to the kids all reading at the same time. And the materials thing? You are a genius! I can't wait to finish writing to you, so I can click the Amazon link! I am ON IT!!!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have seen these all over the place. I need to just bite the bullet and get some. I'll be interested to see how you like yours in a little bit! :)
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely keep us posted on these! I think these would be great for my small group table or even at different reading stations set up around the room... another new to "write on" always seems to get my students excited! :)

    Thanks for sharing,
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top