MMI: Early Finisher Solution & Wall of Wisdom


I've been getting awfully winded on here so my goal is to keep this short and to the point.
My first Made It was once again inspired by Pinterest.  The first one I found was created by the amazing Mary at: 
(She's also the author of the amazing blog Teaching with a Mountain View)

What is it you ask? Why it is an Early Finisher Task Card Holder of course!

Here's the breakdown:

I got this flip flop rack holder thinger at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I was THRILLED when I found this chevron one on-line because it matches my classroom colors! They are new for the college season so I had to ask my local BBB to go in back and find it, but they did have them in! I also needed some double-sided tape and my little signs.

I simply created the signs, printed, cut (I did "laminate- aka use packing tape" for the little subject tabs just to reinforce them better) and taped them right onto the flip flop rack. I wanted to label each hook to organize the different task cards I'll put out... because I'm an overly organized person like that and I need a label for everything!

I doubt the kids will understand the whole "Early Bird Gets The Worm" theme I was going with for my sign, but hey- it'll be a lesson on idioms right?!
Here it is hanging on the wall. You can do just one set and hole punch it twice on the top to hang it across the holder. I however, wanted as many options displayed as possible so I went with the double up option. I also like my task cards smaller (8 on a page to save paper) so this size worked well. Oh and those task cards are from the amazing Jamie Sears over at Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher. She has a ton of task cards in her store (including a Free Place Value set).

Not much of a 'made it.' More of a 'buy and slap together it.' But I like it. :)

I was browsing on TpT the other day and found these adorable posters by Hardcore Teacher Resources. They are free in her store. I love the quotes she used and the little sketches! If you pick them up, make sure you show some love and give feedback. I picked my 5 favorite, printed them out and went to the Dollar tree to get some cheap frames.


I then decided to make a "Wall of Wisdom" in my room (I have a lot of awkward wall space that needs to be filled up) that will showcase these words of wisdom on different things. I made little labels (surprise!!) that I attached to each frame that match the quote. I came up with the words: Creativity (Steve Jobs), Failure (Thomas Edison- I LOVE this quote), Mistakes (Einstein), Curiosity (Rosa Parks), and Hard Work (Ben Franklin). There are others in the pack as well. I can't wait to discuss what these words and quotes mean and I hope to even record my own students' words of wisdom throughout the year (insightful/reflective comments) to add to the wall and have it be a source of inspiration.

This was pretty good for me! I'll count it as a success. I'm off to be inspired by all of you now! Enjoy your Monday!




Signature

14 comments

  1. Your made its are awesome! I love the early finisher station you made. Who know a flip flop holder could be used for something so different. I'm going to have to look into that to see if I can make something for my classroom! I love your Wisdom Wall idea. :)
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the early finisher holder! I could definitely use one of those in my classroom!

    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy it and slap it together is my favorite kind of Made it! Especially when it looks awesome!

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your early finisher task card holder and I love that it is chevron too! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for linking to those posters! Just printed them! and I'll be looking for that flip flop thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVING the early finisher idea:) So cute and the chevron flip flop holder is perfect!!!! Thanks for linking up:)
    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your early finisher idea! I am always looking for ways to display the cards. Thanks for the idea!!
    Courtney
    ramonarecommends

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot that I pinned Mary's same idea! I need to make this too! Love the chevron and holder!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of a wall of wisdom!

    Also, that early finishers thing came out so stinkin' cute!

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the early finishers task card holder. I have seen these on Pinterest but never a cute design!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your early finisher station! So cute and organized!

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I SO, SO, SO want to do this!!! I think I'm going to go pick up one of these holders! Thanks so much sharing, Kelli!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy to have picked up the chevron flip flop holder after reading Mary's post. Your project turned out great...any chance you are sharing/selling your Early Finisher cards?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top