Monday Made It: June 23 Mini Chart Holder

I'm linking up once again with the fabulous Tara for:



I was "pinspired" way back in March thanks to Stephanie at:




It was her mini-chart stand that caught my eye (and it seems like everyone else's too... it is genius!) and I knew I needed one! I planned on making it a summer project and that's just what happened this past weekend! Click the link above for her amazing directions. I could repeat them, but she did a stellar job explaining the pieces and the process so I'll send ya there to learn from the master!

Your supplies needed: (again, go check out her blog for exact sizes and names of these thingers)


I found all the piping at Home Depot. They even had the 1/2 inch pipes pre cut into smaller sections. I did have to ask someone to cut them even smaller, but they agreed kindly and I even ended up with a little extra still (which I turned into something else).
I used this tape from Office Depot. It's call "Expressions." It's like a washi tape- really thin which made it nice to work with and super easy to move around. I loved how bright it turned out.


I did the tape vertically like Stephanie suggested. It took 4 pieces per pipe. Because my tape is translucent, you still can see some of the printing on the tubes, but it doesn't really bother me. 


Then you simply screw and push the other pieces on and... 



Viola! Probably one of the easiest Made It's I've done yet!


I then wanted to make page covers for the different mini charts I've made for my classroom so far (and for future ones). I made one for each major subject I teach and then an "others" one. I printed off some of my Words their Way Sort Mini-Charts to test this bad boy out!


One thing I learned (and I should have looked more carefully at Stephanie's post and pictures): Make sure you get book rings that are larger than an inch. I got the inch thinking it would be fine, but it is a little tight. I have larger rings at school that I'll actually use, but just keep that in mind. :)

 Behind this cover page, I'll house all my "cheater" pages for our word sorts (do you use Word their Way??) I'll be adding tabs to make it easier to flip to, but it'll be so nice to have them all in one place and super accessible!


I had that extra piece of pvc piping, so I wrapped it and threaded a ribbon through it. Again, I need larger rings, but I plan on hanging all my mini-charts that I'm not using on this rod near my small group table. I bought a large command hook that I'll use to stick it to the wall . (I didn't want to waste the strips now so I'm just using a thumbtack)

**Update** Ask and you shall receive! I've uploaded the cover charts into my TpT store for those of you who may have a use for them. :)

So there's my physical Made It's! I have one more "digital" one that I've been working on!


I was reflecting for next year already and kept coming back to the importance of creating a positive learning environment. And because I believe the importance of a structured and supportive classroom environment where students are learning not only academic skills but also social skills, I thought I about starting a weekly series (and even try to make it into a link-up... if people actually wanted to).

So my last "Made It" (including all the buttons for it) is my new (and first ever) series titled:
Each week on Tuesday, I'll be sharing tips, strategies, and resources that helped me with taming the crazy behaviors and building a strong classroom community.

The first Tuesday is TOMORROW and with a focus of:

I'll be sharing some tips on how modeling has helped tame behaviors in my room as well as a resource or two to help you! Best of all, I'm hoping people will either comment and share their insight or better yet, blog and link up so that we can all gain some great tips before the next school year creeps up on us. If you'd like to join in, I'll be posting a question of the week to help you focus in and prepare to share! This week's question:

Grab my new buttons and link up tomorrow (or any day of the week- it'll be open until the next Tuesday) or simply check it out and reflect on the idea!




Signature

10 comments

  1. Washi tape!! You've shared another way to use Washi tape! I love that wash tape, but I can never figure ways in which to use it. Gotta stretch my mind or steal those ideas from clever people like you. : )
    I really like you're link idea, so I think I'll link up with ya tomorrow.
    If you have the time, please feel free to link up with my lil' linky on Saturday called Lovin' It & Over It
    (you can guess what that's all about...) ; )

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so fun, right?! I would be honored for you to link up!! And I'll definitely stop by yours, it sounds fun!!
      Thanks for your kind words! :)

      Delete
  2. I pinned some of your chart stand pictures to share with my daughter. She is going to need these for her new classroom. I love your linky idea. I will join in!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh new rooms are so fun (yet a bit daunting) to set up! I hope she enjoys it! And I hope you do link up tomorrow, it would make my day to have people join in! I'd love to hear your ideas! :)

      Delete
  3. I love your stand and it is now on my list of things to make this summer. I also love your cover pages for your anchor charts. Is it possible for you to put them in your TPT store. I would love to have them. I also teach in Minnesota! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy, Megan! Stephanie's tutorial on her blog was VERY helpful. I'd love to see your version when it's done. Where in Minnesota do you teach?! I love finding new Minne-bloggers. :) And your wish is my command: they are up in my store now! Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. Woooooohoooo! I love how your mini-chart stand turned out. It looks easy enough that even I could attempt that. You've got my brain working!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top