First Monday Made It of the SUMMER! Silhouette Start-Up

Maybe it's the "young blood" in me still.

Maybe I like to craft and don't know what else to create besides things for my classroom.

Maybe I just have a problem.

But of course, I began creating for my classroom next year on the first day of my summer vacation. But what else do you do when you nap during the day and are up until 1 am while your husband is out of town and you are a little bored of just watching tv? [Summer sleep schedule has commenced!]

But whatever it is, I'm just overjoyed that I get to do what I want with my time now that it's summer. And if that means creating things for my classroom, than call me what you want- I'm on summer vaca and I just don't care!

I'm linking up with Tara over at Monday Made It for my FAVORITE linky of all time- and boy, does it look good in summer time!


I just ordered a Cameo and after staring at it in its box for 4 days due to a bit of intimidation, I finally opened it up and took my whack at it.

And I'm already obsessed.

Here's my two creations in my first day [or should I say night].


This first one was inspired by a Pin I have on my secret board for my classroom redesign. Since we are stuck in this apartment for a few more months (and hopefully only a few more months... time will tell) I'm putting my itch to decorate into my classroom.

Here's the original inspiration!
[source]
And here is mine! With all of my supplies.


I covered my coffee table with a table cloth. This is my painting cloth for summer I think. I found it accidentally in our storage closet. I'll admit I did a bit of a fist pump over this victory. Now I can paint while watching TV in the living room! I also used a variety of brushes that I bought in a pack from Michaels, 4 different paint colors I had from other projects. And I don't go by brand- I just pick whatever color I like and hope it works out. I also used my twine I had around the house and a piece of vinyl (brand is Cricut- I didn't hear very positives from the Silhouette brand so I decided to test this one out). Oh and duh- the pallet. I found this at JoAnne's for like $6 I think.

I wanted the ombre look a bit so the first plank, I just did a rough and messy paint job. Just my style- my patiences sucks- which makes crafting real hard for me.
I then just mixed some of the other colors as I went down the pallet. I tied some twine around, cut out my letters, peeled them off and just stuck um' on. Again, patience and I don't mix. I think it turned out pretty good though! And it is replacing my paper mache letters I've had for the last 3 years.

Next up: Supply Caddy


Gahhh! I was so excited to find this supply caddy! Someone at my school was throwing it out. On our classroom clean up day, people just dump their stuff they don't want in the hallway like a 'garage sale' and you can sift through and look for buried treasures. I'm proud to say I only took 2 things (this and a little letter sorter for task cards) and dumped a bunch of my stuff. Purging. And it felt good.

The caddy though was an off white color and looked a bit rough, so you know I had to paint it. Again, I picked some colors I've had at my house, used those paint brushes, a white paint pen, and some vinyl and 2 rough coats later- done! I'll be sorting extra coloring utensils most likely in this for students who don't have any or for when other classes come to my room for our content rotations (I'll be going back to ART next year- I'm pumped!)

Best of all- IT'S A LAZY SUSAN STYLE! #Greatestgaragesalefindeveranditwasfreewhichmakesitevenbetterright?

And thanks to the amazing Insta-family, we've found out that this lil' caddy is actually from Pampered Chef as a "Tool Turn About." It's about $20- so I'm even more excited about my steal!

Where else will I stick vinyl? Only time will tell.

Maybe someone over at Tara's Link-Up will open a new door for me... I'm off to check it out.





Signature

16 comments

  1. Your supply caddy is too cute! Love the fresh colors!

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that caddy!!!! It would help declutter all of my baskets of supplies on my desk and my tins of supplies on my small group table. I love how you revamped yours!
    Lindsey
    Miss Johnston's Journey
    L. Paull Designs for All

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your projects! I really would like a Cameo! :)
    Miss King's Enchanted Kingdom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vinyl is addicting! Cute caddy and the sign is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Monday Made It! turned out so cute! Don't you love your Cameo? I don't know what I did before I had mine. I use mine for everything now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Monday Made It projects for this week! Super cute supply caddy :)
    ♬Kay
    On the Trail of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your made-its! I'm so loving your colors for you classroom! Those are the colors I think I'm going with next year too!

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE it!!!! Vinyl is the VERY best! Good luck and I can't wait to see what else you can come up with this summer! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sign and the caddy - those blue and green colors are my favorite! Sounds like a day/night well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am obsessed with my Cameo! I love the sign you made! I may try something like it for my new guest room! Thanks so much for sharing!
    The Blessed Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that summer sleep schedule. It does set in quickly doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your colors are so soothing; so pretty!! The pallet is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the colors of your creations!! These are two items that I would put in my home office ;) I've been wanting to buy a Cameo or Silhouette or one of those cutting machines, but don't think i'll have time with a newborn on the way :) Then again.. i'm taking the year off and this might keep me busy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable!! That supply caddy was a GREAT find!!

    Jill :)
    ABCs and Polkadots

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors and the very comfy/convenient work space. Have a great weekend!

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top