Monday... kinda Made It: Paper Version

I'M AN AUNTIE!!!

That feels so good to say. I love my new little nephews so much! They entered this world last Wednesday so I've been spending lots of time at the hospital with them over the last 5 days. They will be there a little while longer before they get to come home, but they are doing well and are so perfect.

Oh and we went and looked at houses last Thursday. And I realized I don't like house hunting. Too much stress and geesh- house are moving like hot cakes right now! We are going out later today as well. #wishmeluck

With all of that, I didn't have a whole lot of extra time to work on things for next year, but I'm totally ok with that! That is one reason why I did so much right out of school because I knew that this was going to happen!

I'm making the switch to paper- meaning- a lot of my school focus is now on getting things ready for the school year in terms of activities and resources for Open House. Other projects will creep in too, but I want to get these monkeys off my back.

First Up:
(1) Covering Up a Boo Boo

My room use to have a projector screen until the SMARTboard was installed and they ripped the screen off the wall. This was all before I even showed up in my classroom 3 years ago. I've always tried to hid it because it looks rough. And the best solution: bulletin board border!

I added some of my new Show 5 reminders and it fixes my problem!

And now... for the beast that I've been slaying on for over 3 weeks



One of my goals this year is to try to connect our learning to other other learning and make things as cohesive as possible. So we are starting right off the bat!

You know how when you go back to school you find it necessary to review things like: When do I get to use the bathroom? What should I do after I do my lunch count in the morning? Why is it important to be a good classmate?

AS much fun as it would be to simply sit there and spew it all out at them, I made a variety of activities to do all that reviewing through the use of text structures while making it interactive as well.

And thanks to the #tptsellerchallenge, I finally sat down and finished this beast!

What would I do without all this extra motivation on Mondays during the summer??


You might be wondering how this works...


(to save me time, here are the images from my preview of this resource to hopefully fill you in)





I'm excited to review and discuss important school protocols, scenarios, and questions through these activities, while also exposing my students to important content that will hopefully help when we begin to discuss our reading. Visuals and colors are included... because I'm big on that.

Here's a closer look at each type of activity:



And when we are ready to apply these structures to text, we'll visit these little beauties that I made a little while back.


You may want to head over to my Facebook page to "check them out." Just saying.

I'm off to go take a gander at what other creative things people came up with this week over at Tara's blog and you should too!!





Signature

15 comments

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this so much! I am an ESL teacher and my students always need some extra practice with both the text structures and the routines of the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I coteach with our EL teacher! Any chance I have at trying to expose students, I try to find a way. I'm hoping by using these we can start on the required language that goes into each of these structures as well right off the get-go! Thanks for your kind words and enthusiasm. :)

      Delete
    2. That is great! This is my 2nd year being an ESL teacher and I switched schools to become one. We do a lot of co-teaching and I love it! I hope you have a successful co-teaching relationship!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being an aunt. It is one of the best feelings in the whole world! I love it! Thanks for the freebie!!! I have downloaded it and can't wait to see what I can do with it to help my kids! I hope your house hunting goes well - it is stressful!

    Blessings,
    Becky from
    CookingUpSuccess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are telling me, Becky! I wish I could see them everyday! As for the house hunting- I could do without that. I want a house so bad, but this process is intense! I hope you find the freebie useful! :)

      Delete
  3. Are your "Show 5 Reminders" available on your TPT site? I love those as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as of now, Stephanie, but I will work on adding those. :)

      Delete
  4. Yes, I too was wondering if you will be making your Show 5 available in TPT store since I don't currently see them there. Congrats on your two new nephews! Thanks a bunch for the freebie, and thanks for posting your TPT product at discounted price. You are super creative, and I LOVE seeing all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaaaaaaaaay! You are an AUNTIE! It's the best feeling isn't it? I had to go look on Instagram to see if I missed pictures of the babies. Never fear...I found one!!!! Love the Back to School text structures idea. I'm thinking right now how I can switch things up to do this!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have such visually appealing products that you create. I LOVE that they are clean, crisp, and they aren't covered in crazy clip art : ) As much as I love clip art, there is definitely a time and place for it. Your graphic organizers are timeless and will make my 5th graders feel all grown up when we use them at the beginning of the year as you suggested. Thanks for another great product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, Megan! I have to reel myself in sometimes with the clip art- I want it to work for me and my students, not against us. There are times though when I just want a cute Sketchy Guy creation or Melonheadz and that's ok too! Thank you so much for your awesome compliment- it made my day :)

      Delete
  7. I LOVE your Show 5 reminders! I often tell my students to show me they're ready and those 5 simple reminders are a great visual to remind them what I mean by that. Thanks for sharing :)

    http://fantasticallyfourthgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! The Show 5 reminders may or may not be added later this week as a flash freebie... just saying ;)

      Delete
  8. I love your idea of teaching text structures within procedures for the first week(s) of school! Even better, the colors match my classroom "theme" of blues, greens, and brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooohhh I love finding others who share in a good solid color theme for their room! I can't wait to see yours!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top